Eloy police: Inmates, staff injured in prison riot at Red Rock Correction Center
Prisoners rioted Sunday afternoon at Red Rock Correctional Center in Eloy, apparently injuring staff and each other, according to police.
Officials first reported the riot about 2 p.m. As of 3:30 p.m., officials hadn't contained the situation, though special-operations teams were "working to secure the prison."
SEE ALSO: Nevada sending 200 violent inmates to Arizona private prison in Eloy
Eloy police helped protect the outer perimeter of the prison while paramedics attended to those injured, police said. Officials could not immediately share details about specific injuries.
Police... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes