Email shows Denise Birdwell, Scottsdale schools leaders were told of ex-CFO's family ties months ago
Two Scottsdale school board members and the superintendent were told about the family tie between the schools' former chief financial officer and a paid consultant five months earlier than they previously had acknowledged, an email shows.
The close family relationship is among the reasons ex-CFO Laura Smith is under investigation by the district for conflicts of interest. An attorney hired by the district found that while she was CFO, Smith played a role in steering district work to Professional Group Public Consulting.
PGPC is the company that Caroline Brackley, Smith's sister, runs, and... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez