Email shows Denise Birdwell, Scottsdale schools leaders were told of ex-CFO's family ties months ago
Two Scottsdale school board members and the superintendent were told about the family tie between the schools' former chief financial officer and a paid consultant five months earlier than they previously had acknowledged, an email shows.
The close family relationship is among the reasons ex-CFO Laura Smith is under investigation by the district for conflicts of interest. An attorney hired by the district found that while she was CFO, Smith played a role in steering district work to Professional Group Public Consulting.
PGPC is the company that Caroline Brackley, Smith's sister, runs, and... read more
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest