Embattled Justice of the Peace Hilary Green resigns, citing family issues
Hilary Green, a Harris County justice of the peace who was accused of paying prostitutes for sex, misusing illegal drugs and ruling unethically in favor of a convicted con man, has resigned.
"Due to the unexpected death of my father and my mother's newly diagnosed illness, it is important for me to focus all my attention on my family," Green said in a letter dated March 27 to Harris County Judge Ed Emmett. Her resignation was effective immediately, she said.
Green served as a justice of the peace in Harris County's Precinct 7 since 2007. In 2017, state judicial authorities asked... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance