Energy regulators consider calling nuclear power 'clean' energy, boosting other goals
CLOSE The World Economic Forum estimates solar and wind are now the same price or cheaper than fossil fuels in more than 30 countries. Video provided by Newsy
Arizona could see the development of more solar, wind and other renewable energy under a proposal discussed by utility regulators Tuesday.
Commissioner Andy Tobin proposed the state require utilities to rely much more heavily on renewables as well as emerging technology such as batteries to manage power demand.
The current rules were passed in 2006 and require utilities to increase their use of renewable energy each year until 2025,... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez