ESPN changes dates in Sean Miller report: Network says phone call was 2016, not 2017
ESPN twice corrected its story saying its report of a Sean Miller-Christian Dawkins phone call happened in 2016, not 2017.
ESPN reported Friday night that Miller discussed a $100,000 payment to Deandre Ayton. The network later reported that Miller's alleged conversation took place in 2017.
The timing is important because Ayton committed to Arizona in September 2016, and a conversation about paying a player who had already committed would require some explanation.
ESPN's first correction said Miller's phone call with Dawkins happened in the spring of 2016.
The network's current version of... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...