ESPN changes dates in Sean Miller report: Network says phone call was 2016, not 2017
ESPN twice corrected its story saying its report of a Sean Miller-Christian Dawkins phone call happened in 2016, not 2017.
ESPN reported Friday night that Miller discussed a $100,000 payment to Deandre Ayton. The network later reported that Miller's alleged conversation took place in 2017.
The timing is important because Ayton committed to Arizona in September 2016, and a conversation about paying a player who had already committed would require some explanation.
ESPN's first correction said Miller's phone call with Dawkins happened in the spring of 2016.
The network's current version of... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates