Eurozone growth edging higher at the start of second quarter
LONDON – A closely watched survey is showing that economic growth across the 19-country eurozone is running at a six-year high.
Financial information company IHS Markit says its purchasing managers index — a broad gauge of business activity — rose to 56.7 points in April from 56.4 the previous month. That's the highest level since April 2011.
Anything above 50 indicates expansion, with the latest reading pointing to quarterly economic growth of 0.7 percent, which would be above the region's long-run average.
According to Chris Williamson, the firm's chief business economist, such strong... read more
- 19:53 Phoenix neighborhoods trying to raise money in Sky Harbor noise fight
- 19:46 Rio slum dwellers protest deadly gang, police gunbattles
- 19:25 Arizona's top high school football prospects 2018
- 19:07 Mobile council approves next round of capital improvements
- 18:56 NAU shooting case goes to jury
- 18:47 Huntsville developer Nicole Jones to run for state Senate
- 18:34 World's last male northern white rhino gets help from Tinder
- 18:34 Chipotle says sales rise, discloses payment system problem
- 18:31 NFL reinstates Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington
- 18:23 'Superbug' fungus new menace in US hospitals, mostly NY, NJ