Eurozone growth edging higher at the start of second quarter
LONDON – A closely watched survey is showing that economic growth across the 19-country eurozone is running at a six-year high.
Financial information company IHS Markit says its purchasing managers index — a broad gauge of business activity — rose to 56.7 points in April from 56.4 the previous month. That's the highest level since April 2011.
Anything above 50 indicates expansion, with the latest reading pointing to quarterly economic growth of 0.7 percent, which would be above the region's long-run average.
According to Chris Williamson, the firm's chief business economist, such strong... read more
- 20:19 Veteran shot by Mesa PD sought treatment from Phoenix VA, wife says
- 20:14 Diamondbacks clinch playoff spot, home field in NL wild card game
- 19:38 Arizona groups send supplies to Mexico after 3 disastrous earthquakes
- 19:04 Fitzgerald, Witten share same values, talents and at least one more...
- 18:39 Stanford turns to K.J. Costello at QB after Chryst injury, wins big
- 17:25 Parents, alumni protest Great Hearts Academies' transgender policy
- 17:25 Two men killed in plane crash north of Prescott
- 17:25 'It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child': Prevent Child Abuse Arizona...
- 17:25 More than 40 flights diverted after fire alarm at Sky Harbor...
- 17:19 Diamondbacks clinch playoff spot with NL wild card berth