'Evil Dead' could scare 'G.I. Joe' off No. 1 box-office spot
"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" could be demonized by "Evil Dead" at the box office this weekend as the horror film aims to possess No. 1.
After debuting with $40.5 million, the action sequel will likely take in an additional $20 million during its second weekend in theaters, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys.
That will put the film in a tight race for the top spot against "Evil Dead," which is poised to start off with a solid sum of between $20 million and $25 million. The weekend's other new release, a 3-D version of the 2-decade-old... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow