'Evil Dead' could scare 'G.I. Joe' off No. 1 box-office spot
"G.I. Joe: Retaliation" could be demonized by "Evil Dead" at the box office this weekend as the horror film aims to possess No. 1.
After debuting with $40.5 million, the action sequel will likely take in an additional $20 million during its second weekend in theaters, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys.
That will put the film in a tight race for the top spot against "Evil Dead," which is poised to start off with a solid sum of between $20 million and $25 million. The weekend's other new release, a 3-D version of the 2-decade-old... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it