Ex-Cheney adviser poised to be US envoy for Syrian crisis
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration plans to name a onetime adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney as its next envoy for the Syrian crisis.
John Hannah was Cheney's national security adviser and specialized in the Mideast. He also worked in the State Department during the Clinton and first Bush administrations.
Hannah will be named to the post in the coming weeks. That's according to two people familiar with the decision who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to publicly discuss the appointment.
More recently, Hannah has worked at the Foundation for... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'