Ex-Cheney adviser poised to be US envoy for Syrian crisis
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration plans to name a onetime adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney as its next envoy for the Syrian crisis.
John Hannah was Cheney's national security adviser and specialized in the Mideast. He also worked in the State Department during the Clinton and first Bush administrations.
Hannah will be named to the post in the coming weeks. That's according to two people familiar with the decision who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to publicly discuss the appointment.
More recently, Hannah has worked at the Foundation for... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki