Ex-Fla. lieutenant gov talks about resignation
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Former Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll says she resigned immediately after law enforcement agents questioned her about a purported veterans charity and an alleged gambling ring.
Carroll says she did nothing wrong but agreed to step down last month because Republican Gov. Rick Scott wanted her to. She was questioned about her past public relations work for Allied Veterans of the World.
Prosecutors say Allied Veterans was running a $300 million gambling ring disguised as a veterans charity.
Carroll spoke with The Associated Press on Thursday. She said Scott's chief of... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'