Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton set for LA court appearance
LOS ANGELES - Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton was scheduled to appear Wednesday in criminal court for a hearing in connection with his arrest in a murder case in Atlanta.
Crittenton was being held on a state penal code violation of being a fugitive from justice, FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said. He was taken into custody Monday night at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.
Police in Atlanta had obtained a murder warrant for Crittenton in the Aug. 19 shooting of Jullian Jones, 23, a mother of four young children, as she was walking with two men.
Crittenton, 23, was wanted on a... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...