Ex-NFL star Steve Jordan helps kick off study for detecting CTE in living people
CLOSE Steve Jordan, a Phoenician and former tight end for Minnesota Vikings, is one former player who is participating in a TGen study that will test for Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, or CTE.
It's not uncommon for Steve Jordan, Derek Kennard and Ray Perkins to see each other occasionally. All are residents of the Phoenix area, in their 50s and played in the NFL at roughly the same time.
But their get-together on Wednesday morning in downtown Phoenix was different. All three arrived early at Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) to participate in a study that could one day... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco