Ex-No. 2 FBI official may face firing ahead of retirement
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department is reviewing a recommendation that it fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe ahead of his forthcoming retirement.
That's according to a person familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an internal disciplinary process.
The recommendation was made by the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility and sent to the Justice Department.
The person said McCabe is suspected of misleading internal investigators about a media leak, an allegation he denies.
President Donald Trump has frequently criticized McCabe, seeing... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...