Ex-Trump campaign chairman asks judge to dismiss charges
WASHINGTON (AP) — The former chairman of the President Donald Trump's campaign has asked a judge in Washington to dismiss the criminal charges against him.
Paul Manafort faces a separate indictment in Virginia. He filed the motion to dismiss late Wednesday night.
His arguments largely mimic a lawsuit he filed in January challenging the authority of special counsel Robert Mueller to prosecute him.
Manafort's lawyers say Mueller exceeded his authority in prosecuting him since the allegations against him predate the 2016 presidential election. Mueller was appointed to investigate potential... read more
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...
- 19:15 Scottsdale daredevil Valerie Thompson crashes at more than 340 mph...
- 18:57 Diamondbacks' Brad Boxberger eager to embrace his role, whatever it...
- 18:35 High school baseball roundup: Desert Mountain stuns No. 1 Basha
- 18:13 Arizona Cardinals Insiders Podcast: Offseason grade and mailbag...
- 17:41 Study: Medical bankruptcies may not be as common as thought
- 17:41 Leading AIDS researcher selected as CDC director
- 17:07 Trump pushing Europe to fix Iran deal he may blow up anyway
- 16:27 Moore: Will Sean Miller stay at Arizona after tournament loss, NCAA...
- 16:21 Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball...