Ex-Trump campaign chairman asks judge to dismiss charges
WASHINGTON (AP) — The former chairman of the President Donald Trump's campaign has asked a judge in Washington to dismiss the criminal charges against him.
Paul Manafort faces a separate indictment in Virginia. He filed the motion to dismiss late Wednesday night.
His arguments largely mimic a lawsuit he filed in January challenging the authority of special counsel Robert Mueller to prosecute him.
Manafort's lawyers say Mueller exceeded his authority in prosecuting him since the allegations against him predate the 2016 presidential election. Mueller was appointed to investigate potential... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler