Ex-U.N. chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali dies
Former United Nations Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali, who served a turbulent five-year term ending in 1996, has died, U,N. Security Council President Rafael Dario Ramirez Carreno said Tuesday.
The Security Council observed a minute of silence, according to multiple media reports.
Boutros-Ghali, an Egyptian, was 93.
TOP VIDEOS Millennials drank a lot of wine last year01:06Pope Francis leads festive Mass during Mexico tour01:45President Obama hosts first ASEAN summit on U.S. soil02:26What you need to know about how the Supreme Court works01:18New video shows Mizzou professor Click... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance