Ex-Vols coach Johnny Majors released from hospital
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Former Tennessee star player and coach Johnny Majors has been released from the hospital nearly two weeks after undergoing a heart valve procedure.
In a statement released by the University of Tennessee Medical Center on Tuesday, Majors thanked his doctors, nurses and support staff and said that "I look forward to getting out and about." Majors had been in the hospital since undergoing the procedure on March 6.
Hospital officials said the 78-year-old Majors will continue recovering at his Knoxville home.
Majors played at Tennessee from 1954-56, finishing second... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...