Excessive heat is on the way for the Phoenix area
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Summer in the Valley can be brutal. Follow these tips to stay cool.
Temperatures in the Phoenix area have been well below the normal high for mid-June in recent days, but the trend won't last for long.
The National Weather Service says extreme heat is on the horizon, and a high of 116 is possible this coming weekend.
"Right now, there is a low-pressure system over Nevada, and that has drawn some cooler air from the north into Arizona, that will continue until tomorrow," said Mark O'Malley, a forecaster for the National Weather Service.
The weather... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant