Experimental European Mars probe set for landing on Mars
BERLIN – The European Space Agency is preparing to land an experimental probe on Mars, part of a mission that also will analyze the red planet's atmosphere to help determine whether there is or was life there.
ESA plans to put the Schiaparelli lander on the surface Wednesday following a controlled descent lasting less than six minutes.
Schiaparelli will take images of Mars and conduct scientific measurements on the surface, but its main purpose is to test technology for a future European Mars rover. ESA's last attempted Mars landing with the Beagle 2 rover failed in 2003.
Schiaparelli is... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...