Experimental European Mars probe set for landing on Mars
BERLIN — The European Space Agency planned to land an experimental probe on Mars Wednesday as part of an international mission to analyze the red planet's atmosphere and hunt for signs of life.
The Schiaparelli lander was released from its mother ship Sunday. Scientists said the gentle approach would turn into a six-minute hell ride when the probe dives into the hot, dusty Martian atmosphere at 1442 GMT Wednesday and hurtles toward the surface at 21,000 kilometers an hour (13,050 mph).
If all goes to plan, Schiaparelli will deploy a parachute and then thrusters to slow down to 10 kph (6.2... read more
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap
- 11:11 NFL draft QB rankings: Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker...