Expert: Pistorius' girlfriend standing when shot
PRETORIA, South Africa -- A police ballistics expert says Oscar Pistorius' girlfriend was standing up in a toilet cubicle when she was hit in the right hip by the first of four bullets fired by the double-amputee athlete.
Capt. Christiaan Mangena says Reeva Steenkamp then fell back onto a magazine holder in the toilet before she was hit by the last two bullets fired by Pistorius through the wood door, one in the arm and one in the head.
Mangena says the second bullet missed Steenkamp. He says she was hit in the arm and head while crossing both hands over her head to protect herself. Mangena... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein