Expert: Pistorius' girlfriend standing when shot
PRETORIA, South Africa A police ballistics expert says Oscar Pistorius' girlfriend was standing up in a toilet cubicle when she was hit in the right hip by the first of four bullets fired by the double-amputee athlete.
Capt. Christiaan Mangena says Reeva Steenkamp then fell back onto a magazine holder in the toilet before she was hit by the last two bullets fired by Pistorius through the wood door, one in the arm and one in the head.
Mangena says the second bullet missed Steenkamp. He says she was hit in the arm and head while crossing both hands over her head to protect herself. Mangena... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House