Expert: Pistorius' girlfriend standing when shot
PRETORIA, South Africa A police ballistics expert says Oscar Pistorius' girlfriend was standing up in a toilet cubicle when she was hit in the right hip by the first of four bullets fired by the double-amputee athlete.
Capt. Christiaan Mangena says Reeva Steenkamp then fell back onto a magazine holder in the toilet before she was hit by the last two bullets fired by Pistorius through the wood door, one in the arm and one in the head.
Mangena says the second bullet missed Steenkamp. He says she was hit in the arm and head while crossing both hands over her head to protect herself. Mangena... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...