Fact check: Cruz distorts Rubio’s stance on gay marriage
Sen. Ted Cruz says Sen. Marco Rubio and Donald Trump believe that the Supreme Court decision on gay marriage “is the settled law of the land and we must … surrender and move on,” accusing them of “repeating Barack Obama’s talking points.” Cruz goes too far in Rubio’s case, and Trump hasn’t echoed Obama on the issue, either.
On the day of the court ruling, Rubio said he disagreed with it and argued that the U.S. Constitution gives states – not the federal government or courts – the power to define marriage. He said the next president should “nominate judges and justices committed to applying... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft