Fact check: Cruz distorts Rubio’s stance on gay marriage
Sen. Ted Cruz says Sen. Marco Rubio and Donald Trump believe that the Supreme Court decision on gay marriage “is the settled law of the land and we must … surrender and move on,” accusing them of “repeating Barack Obama’s talking points.” Cruz goes too far in Rubio’s case, and Trump hasn’t echoed Obama on the issue, either.
On the day of the court ruling, Rubio said he disagreed with it and argued that the U.S. Constitution gives states – not the federal government or courts – the power to define marriage. He said the next president should “nominate judges and justices committed to applying... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents