Fairfield almost disbands city police department amid budget crisis
The Fairfield City Council came within one vote of disbanding its city police department this week as the city continues to grapple with crippling budget issues and ongoing conflicts between the council and Mayor Kenneth Coachman.
Instead, the city will continue to teeter along on its tenuous path, with the very real possibility that the city will not be able to pay its bills in the coming weeks.
City Council President Darnell Gardner said something has to give, and it has to happen soon.
"I feel like we can work this thing out, but we are going to need to do a reduction in work... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler