Fairfield almost disbands city police department amid budget crisis
The Fairfield City Council came within one vote of disbanding its city police department this week as the city continues to grapple with crippling budget issues and ongoing conflicts between the council and Mayor Kenneth Coachman.
Instead, the city will continue to teeter along on its tenuous path, with the very real possibility that the city will not be able to pay its bills in the coming weeks.
City Council President Darnell Gardner said something has to give, and it has to happen soon.
"I feel like we can work this thing out, but we are going to need to do a reduction in work... read more
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...
- 19:15 Scottsdale daredevil Valerie Thompson crashes at more than 340 mph...
- 18:57 Diamondbacks' Brad Boxberger eager to embrace his role, whatever it...
- 18:35 High school baseball roundup: Desert Mountain stuns No. 1 Basha
- 18:13 Arizona Cardinals Insiders Podcast: Offseason grade and mailbag...
- 17:41 Study: Medical bankruptcies may not be as common as thought
- 17:41 Leading AIDS researcher selected as CDC director
- 17:07 Trump pushing Europe to fix Iran deal he may blow up anyway
- 16:27 Moore: Will Sean Miller stay at Arizona after tournament loss, NCAA...
- 16:21 Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball...