Fairfield almost disbands city police department amid budget crisis
The Fairfield City Council came within one vote of disbanding its city police department this week as the city continues to grapple with crippling budget issues and ongoing conflicts between the council and Mayor Kenneth Coachman.
Instead, the city will continue to teeter along on its tenuous path, with the very real possibility that the city will not be able to pay its bills in the coming weeks.
City Council President Darnell Gardner said something has to give, and it has to happen soon.
"I feel like we can work this thing out, but we are going to need to do a reduction in work... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House