Family: Ailing US citizen in Iran forced back to Evin prison
WASHINGTON (AP) — An ailing Iranian-American dual national held in Iran has been returned to prison after a brief medical leave.
Iran's judiciary had allowed 81-year-old Baquer Namazi to leave Evin prison for a few days, but his family had hoped it would be extended. Lawyer Jared Genser says Namazi was assessed by Iran's medical examiner, who recommended he receive a three-month medical leave.
But Genser and Namazi's son, Babak Namazi, say prison officials called Tuesday and said he must return immediately. Namazi was returned to prison shortly thereafter.
Genser says it's "tantamount... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today