Family: Ailing US citizen in Iran forced back to Evin prison
WASHINGTON (AP) — An ailing Iranian-American dual national held in Iran has been returned to prison after a brief medical leave.
Iran's judiciary had allowed 81-year-old Baquer Namazi to leave Evin prison for a few days, but his family had hoped it would be extended. Lawyer Jared Genser says Namazi was assessed by Iran's medical examiner, who recommended he receive a three-month medical leave.
But Genser and Namazi's son, Babak Namazi, say prison officials called Tuesday and said he must return immediately. Namazi was returned to prison shortly thereafter.
Genser says it's "tantamount... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve