Family dealing with epilepsy asks Wish Book for help
The baby Jesus in Elsa Rivera's Nativity scene holds the letter written by her grandson. On it, 5-year-old Jonathan Alberto has listed the toys he'd like.
But Rivera has another request: Good health, for her and her family.
Rivera, her daughter Cristina, her two sons David and Daniel, and her granddaughter Alyssa all have epilepsy.
To spend days in and out of doctors' offices and emergency rooms, and to see her children suffer as well, has been Rivera's burden for nearly 30 years. But that burden became heavier when Rivera's husband left her and their children three years ago.
Besides the... read more
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe
- 16:25 Arizona high school basketball, volleyball player Brandon Kwan, who...
- 15:45 NFL schedule rumors: Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers in...
- 15:41 'Dance Moms' star Miller has cancer, underwent spine surgery
- 15:06 Poll: Most Texas voters oppose border wall