Family dealing with epilepsy asks Wish Book for help
The baby Jesus in Elsa Rivera's Nativity scene holds the letter written by her grandson. On it, 5-year-old Jonathan Alberto has listed the toys he'd like.
But Rivera has another request: Good health, for her and her family.
Rivera, her daughter Cristina, her two sons David and Daniel, and her granddaughter Alyssa all have epilepsy.
To spend days in and out of doctors' offices and emergency rooms, and to see her children suffer as well, has been Rivera's burden for nearly 30 years. But that burden became heavier when Rivera's husband left her and their children three years ago.
Besides the... read more
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana