Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Utah man jailed in Venezuela on weapons charges nearly two years ago was released Saturday after U.S. officials and his family pressed for his freedom from the South American country. "We are grateful to all who participated in this miracle," Joshua Holt's family said in a statement.
President Donald Trump said Holt and his family were expected at the White House on Saturday evening. "Good news about the release of the American hostage from Venezuela. ... The great people of Utah will be very happy!" Trump said in a tweet.
The 26-year-old Holt had... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot