Family of Fairfield fire chief killed in wreck files wrongful death lawsuit
The wife and daughter of the Fairfield fire chief who died during a wreck involving a tractor-trailer last month have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the truck driver and the truck company.
Attorneys with Fuston, Petway, & French LLP filed the 18-page, four-count lawsuit in Jefferson County Circuit Court at 2:43 p.m. Thursday.
Chief Kevin Sutton, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene the wreck on Interstate 59 northbound at the Fourth Avenue exit. He was the fire chief for over two decades.
Authorities said an 18-wheeler traveling southbound on I-59 struck two vehicles after... read more
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe