Family of Fairfield fire chief killed in wreck files wrongful death lawsuit
The wife and daughter of the Fairfield fire chief who died during a wreck involving a tractor-trailer last month have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the truck driver and the truck company.
Attorneys with Fuston, Petway, & French LLP filed the 18-page, four-count lawsuit in Jefferson County Circuit Court at 2:43 p.m. Thursday.
Chief Kevin Sutton, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene the wreck on Interstate 59 northbound at the Fourth Avenue exit. He was the fire chief for over two decades.
Authorities said an 18-wheeler traveling southbound on I-59 struck two vehicles after... read more
- 10:10 These Arizona cities got perfect scores for LGBT equality
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls