Family of Fairfield fire chief killed in wreck files wrongful death lawsuit
The wife and daughter of the Fairfield fire chief who died during a wreck involving a tractor-trailer last month have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the truck driver and the truck company.
Attorneys with Fuston, Petway, & French LLP filed the 18-page, four-count lawsuit in Jefferson County Circuit Court at 2:43 p.m. Thursday.
Chief Kevin Sutton, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene the wreck on Interstate 59 northbound at the Fourth Avenue exit. He was the fire chief for over two decades.
Authorities said an 18-wheeler traveling southbound on I-59 struck two vehicles after... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded