Family of missing McHenry teen Brian Carrick relieved by murder conviction
When Bridgette Carrick learned via text message late Tuesday that Mario Casciaro had been found guilty of murder in her brother Brian's disappearance, she started to cry.
"It was such a relief to actually feel, after all this time, that someone was (held) accountable," she said.
Carrick and her family, from far northwest suburban Johnsburg, waited for more than a decade for that accountability.
Since Brian Carrick vanished in 2002 at age 17, the family's initial panic turned to anguish when traces of his blood were found in the grocery store where he worked, forcing them to... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold