Family of missing McHenry teen Brian Carrick relieved by murder conviction
When Bridgette Carrick learned via text message late Tuesday that Mario Casciaro had been found guilty of murder in her brother Brian's disappearance, she started to cry.
"It was such a relief to actually feel, after all this time, that someone was (held) accountable," she said.
Carrick and her family, from far northwest suburban Johnsburg, waited for more than a decade for that accountability.
Since Brian Carrick vanished in 2002 at age 17, the family's initial panic turned to anguish when traces of his blood were found in the grocery store where he worked, forcing them to... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House