Family of missing McHenry teen Brian Carrick relieved by murder conviction
When Bridgette Carrick learned via text message late Tuesday that Mario Casciaro had been found guilty of murder in her brother Brian's disappearance, she started to cry.
"It was such a relief to actually feel, after all this time, that someone was (held) accountable," she said.
Carrick and her family, from far northwest suburban Johnsburg, waited for more than a decade for that accountability.
Since Brian Carrick vanished in 2002 at age 17, the family's initial panic turned to anguish when traces of his blood were found in the grocery store where he worked, forcing them to... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'