Family says Mesa grandma assaulted by officers; police reviewing incident
CLOSE Go inside the Phoenix Fire Department 911 call center to learn about what's going on when you call 911 in the Phoenix metro area. Hannah Gaber/azcentral.com
The Mesa Police Department is under fire and conducting an internal review after a Facebook post went viral alleging officers roughed up — and cited — an 84-year-old stroke survivor and grandmother.
Shared more than 12,000 times by noon Saturday, the Thursday night post shows a frail woman in a hospital gown with a black eye and bruises and cuts from her forearms to her wrists. In the video from her hospital bed, the woman, whose... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...