Famous wreck isn't done revealing its secrets
(NEWSER) – A shipwreck that gave the world the deeply mysterious Antikythera mechanism is still yielding treasures — and teaching researchers about the lifestyles of the Greek and ancient.
The latest finds at the ancient wreck dubbed the "Titanic of the ancient world" include a bone flute, a bronze armrest that may have come from a throne, glassware, fine ceramics, and a piece from an ancient board game.
"This shipwreck is far from exhausted," a marine archaeologist with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution says in a press release. "Every single dive on it... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt