Fastest woman in the world? Scottsdale's Valerie Thompson takes aim at history
CLOSE Scottsdale's Valerie Thompson, a 7-time land speed record holder, will be attempting to break the world record for fastest two-wheel vehicle at the World Speed Trials in Australia on March 17-19.
She's attempting to become the fastest human on two wheels, traveling half a world away from her Scottsdale home to chase 376 miles per hour in Australia.
Valerie Thompson and Team “7” Racing, led by American Motorcyclist Association Hall of Famer Denis Manning, seek the title at the 28th Annual Speed Week and World Speed Trials competition at the Lake Gairdner salt flats in South Australia,... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat