Fastest woman in the world? Scottsdale's Valerie Thompson takes aim at history
CLOSE Scottsdale's Valerie Thompson, a 7-time land speed record holder, will be attempting to break the world record for fastest two-wheel vehicle at the World Speed Trials in Australia on March 17-19.
She's attempting to become the fastest human on two wheels, traveling half a world away from her Scottsdale home to chase 376 miles per hour in Australia.
Valerie Thompson and Team “7” Racing, led by American Motorcyclist Association Hall of Famer Denis Manning, seek the title at the 28th Annual Speed Week and World Speed Trials competition at the Lake Gairdner salt flats in South Australia,... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes