FBI joins investigation of financial mismanagement at Troy church
Troy - The FBI is investigating alleged financial mismanagement and possible embezzlement of $429,000 at St. Thomas More Church in Troy, police confirmed Wednesday.Questionable financial transactions were discovered in January during an Archdiocese of Detroit audit of the parish. The Troy Police Department began an investigation and the Rev. Edward Belczak has been temporarily removed as pastor.
No one has been charged with any criminal conduct, said Troy Police Sgt. Andy Breidenich.
"It is still under investigation and the FBI came in last month and began looking into aspects and we... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it