FBI joins investigation of financial mismanagement at Troy church
Troy - The FBI is investigating alleged financial mismanagement and possible embezzlement of $429,000 at St. Thomas More Church in Troy, police confirmed Wednesday.Questionable financial transactions were discovered in January during an Archdiocese of Detroit audit of the parish. The Troy Police Department began an investigation and the Rev. Edward Belczak has been temporarily removed as pastor.
No one has been charged with any criminal conduct, said Troy Police Sgt. Andy Breidenich.
"It is still under investigation and the FBI came in last month and began looking into aspects and we... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida