FDA approves Lilly pill for common advanced breast cancer
U.S. regulators have approved a new medicine for treating a common type of breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
Eli Lilly's Verzenio (verr-ZEHN'ee-oh) was approved Thursday by the Food and Drug Administration for patients with what's called HR-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer that has worsened after hormone therapy.
According to the FDA, about 72 percent of patients with breast cancer have this type.
The daily pill is to be used either alone, after hormone therapy and chemotherapy have stopped working, or in combination with a hormone therapy called fulvestrant.... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House