FDNY picks thru rubble of old firehouse
The blaze at a century-old firehouse in Manhattanville was likely sparked by an electrical source, fire officials said Saturday.
Assistant Chief James Esposito said the fire did not appear to be suspicious.
"This is definitely accidental," he said outside the firehouse on W. 139th St.
The home of Engine 80 and Ladder 23 caught fire about 7:30 p.m. Friday while firefighters were on a run. There was no one inside the building.
RELATED: 8 BRAVEST HURT IN FIREHOUSE BLAZE
It took 25 units a little more than an hour to get the fire under control. Eight firefighters were injured, none... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional