'Fear the Tork' becomes new rallying cry for ASU baseball
Spencer Torkelson hit 11 home runs in high school. In four years, 110 games.
So for him to have 11 homers in his first 24 games at Arizona State qualifies as a surprising but welcome development for a team trying to re-elevate into college baseball's elite.
"I knew I had it in me to do what I've been doing, but I'd never really done that before," Torkelson said. He describes himself as a "home run threat, not a home run hitter," during his days at Casa Grande High School in Petaluma, Calif.
RELATED: ASU baseball schedule 2018 season
Torkelson was just a child growing up... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow