'Fear the Tork' becomes new rallying cry for ASU baseball
Spencer Torkelson hit 11 home runs in high school. In four years, 110 games.
So for him to have 11 homers in his first 24 games at Arizona State qualifies as a surprising but welcome development for a team trying to re-elevate into college baseball's elite.
"I knew I had it in me to do what I've been doing, but I'd never really done that before," Torkelson said. He describes himself as a "home run threat, not a home run hitter," during his days at Casa Grande High School in Petaluma, Calif.
RELATED: ASU baseball schedule 2018 season
Torkelson was just a child growing up... read more
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches