FedEx profit up, but misses expectations
DALLAS -- FedEx says its profit rose 5 percent from a year ago despite storms that raised the company's costs. But its results were below analysts' expectations.
The package-delivery giant said Wednesday that net income rose to $378 million, or $1.23 per share, for the quarter that ended Feb. 28. Analysts surveyed by FactSet expected $1.45 per share.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $11.30 billion, below Wall Street's forecast of $11.43 billion. Ground shipping is doing better, but the express-delivery business is flat.
The company expects earnings for the fiscal year that ends in May to be... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...