Feds: Axle of duck boat in deadly crash 'sheared off'
SEATTLE (AP) — The left front axle of the duck boat involved in a deadly Seattle accident was sheared off, but federal investigators said Saturday they don't know if it was damaged before the collision with a charter bus that killed four international college students.
National Transportation Safety Board Member Earl Weener said the axle will be sent to a federal lab for further examination. It's too soon to know how the axle was damaged, Weener said.
Witnesses have said they saw the duck boat's left tire lock up Thursday as it swerved into a charter bus carrying international students over... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant