Feds blame pilot error for 2015 jet crash that killed 9 in Ohio
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A flight crew’s botched runway approach and their failure to stick to standard procedures caused a 2015 plane crash in Ohio that killed nine South Floridians, a federal agency ruled Tuesday.
The National Transportation Safety Board also laid some blame on the Fort Lauderdale company that operated the charter flight, ExecuFlight Inc., saying the company’s “casual attitude toward compliance” was a contributing factor in the crash.
The board also criticized the Federal Aviation Administration, saying its oversight fell short when it came to keeping tabs on ExecuFlight... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...