Fiat Chrysler diesel emissions fix may avert Justice Department showdown
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said Friday that it would implement a minor software fix to resolve a discrepancy on the emissions performance of certain diesel vehicles, in a move that could avert a legal battle with the U.S. Justice Department and Environmental Protection Agency.
The automaker said it had asked permission to make the upgrades after "many months of close collaboration" with the EPA and California Air Resources Board.
The company said it believes the move "should help facilitate a prompt resolution" to its legal showdown with the Justice Department, which had... read more
- 10:23 Scottsdale UFO conference: 'We're not alone in the universe'
- 10:23 Scottsdale man fatally shot in his driveway after checking noise,...
- 10:23 Luxury homes: $3.1M Paradise Valley mansion has wine cellar, theater
- 10:23 Cities battle at Arizona Capitol for right to regulate home-based...
- 10:23 Lawmaker: Lack of regulation for Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- 10:22 New poll: Abbott, Patrick far ahead on GOP primary race
- 10:01 Bracketology: March Madness NCAA Tournament projections for ASU,...
- 09:55 The Latest: Trump supports improving gun background checks
- 09:24 Winter Olympics: Sam McGuffie seems to have his athletic future...
- 09:11 Kwok: Chandler Hamilton hazing scandal is a lose-lose for all