Fiat Chrysler diesel emissions fix may avert Justice Department showdown
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said Friday that it would implement a minor software fix to resolve a discrepancy on the emissions performance of certain diesel vehicles, in a move that could avert a legal battle with the U.S. Justice Department and Environmental Protection Agency.
The automaker said it had asked permission to make the upgrades after "many months of close collaboration" with the EPA and California Air Resources Board.
The company said it believes the move "should help facilitate a prompt resolution" to its legal showdown with the Justice Department, which had... read more
- 18:02 Arizona Wildcats release mens basketball schedule for 2017-18
- 17:58 John Kelly photographed with his head in hands during Trump speech,...
- 17:45 Brophy Prep's Jaxson Baker commits to Central Arkansas for basketball
- 17:31 ASU student invites thousands to 'scream like Goku' at Taco Bell...
- 17:18 Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
- 17:12 Moore: Don't look now, but Arizona Diamondbacks could be on another...
- 16:58 Winners and losers in GOP's last-ditch health overhaul
- 16:43 Fatal stabbing closes Thomas Road east of I-17 in Phoenix
- 15:54 Appeals court blocks San Francisco warning law for soda ads
- 15:00 FDA OKs Glaxo's inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines