Fiat Chrysler diesel emissions fix may avert Justice Department showdown
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said Friday that it would implement a minor software fix to resolve a discrepancy on the emissions performance of certain diesel vehicles, in a move that could avert a legal battle with the U.S. Justice Department and Environmental Protection Agency.
The automaker said it had asked permission to make the upgrades after "many months of close collaboration" with the EPA and California Air Resources Board.
The company said it believes the move "should help facilitate a prompt resolution" to its legal showdown with the Justice Department, which had... read more
- 10:32 The Latest: Corker wants end to Trump broadsides vs Sessions
- 10:28 The Latest: Parents concede baby Charlie dying in hospice
- 10:28 Judge set to decide on where Charlie Gard's spends last days
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040