Fight for heart and soul of Texas Republican Party centers in southwest Houston
AUSTIN — One of the hottest statewide legislative races will be decided on Houston's southwest side Tuesday, answering whether will Gov. Greg Abbott win his war against fellow Republican Sarah Davis.
The race has become one of the most closely watched in Texas as factions fight for the heart and soul of the Republican party.
Abbott poured $223,000 in TV ad buys to annihilate Davis, a moderate West University Place Republican who unsuccessfully challenged the governor to support ethics reforms and shore up funds for child therapy during the 2017 special session.
MORE: Outside money continues... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...