Fight for heart and soul of Texas Republican Party centers in southwest Houston
AUSTIN — One of the hottest statewide legislative races will be decided on Houston's southwest side Tuesday, answering whether will Gov. Greg Abbott win his war against fellow Republican Sarah Davis.
The race has become one of the most closely watched in Texas as factions fight for the heart and soul of the Republican party.
Abbott poured $223,000 in TV ad buys to annihilate Davis, a moderate West University Place Republican who unsuccessfully challenged the governor to support ethics reforms and shore up funds for child therapy during the 2017 special session.
MORE: Outside money continues... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law