Fight of the Week: David Benavidez vs. Ronald Gavril II; Phoenix champ makes first defense
David Benavidez said it's not going to the scorecards this time.
“I'm looking for the knockout,” the super-middleweight titleholder said ahead of his fight Saturday, a rematch against Ronald Gavril at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
The Phoenix boxer, making his first defense, is being billed as one of the most exciting young fighters in the sport. He's 19-0 with 17 knockouts. He's got power, and he lets his hands go without fear of counter punches.
Red FlagHe's dangerous, thus the nickname “Red Flag.”
“We use a lot of jabs, a lot of work around the ring,” he said of his style.... read more
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans