Fillon struggled to keep his chances in presidential race
PARIS – Conservative candidate Francois Fillon has fallen from front-runner to struggling survivor in France's presidential race as corruption allegations have damaged his image.
Fillon's campaign has been flailing since the investigation began in January. He was handed preliminary charges last month, including misuse of public funds, and receiving money from misuse of public funds and company assets.
The 63-year-old politician denies any wrongdoing, and opinion polls suggest he has a chance to be one of two candidates to advance to the May 7 runoff election.
Fillon hopes his experience as... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston