Film Festival rocks with music films
From a critically acclaimed look at the world of back-up singers to the tales of an iconic songwriter and a pair of beloved bands, there's a full slate of music documentaries at this year's Florida Film Festival, opening today.
Music powers the festival's opening-night film, "Twenty Feet From Stardom," a look at the untold stories of a group of gifted back-up singers who helped shape pop music from outside the spotlight.
Director Morgan Neville's documentary features the voices - and stories - of singers Merry Clayton ("Gimme Shelter"), Darlene Love ("Da Doo Ron... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco