Final Four: Wichita State's Gregg Marshall adds electricity to Shockers
ATLANTA Gregg Marshall has led the Wichita State Shockers to a Final Four berth that has stunned most of the college basketball world. But to the men who knew him during his nine years as Winthrop's head coach, it comes as no shock at all.
Marshall coached Winthrop from 1998-2007, going to the NCAA tournament seven times in those nine seasons. He transformed a sleepy basketball program in Rock Hill, S.C., into a regional force. He did it partly with his recruiting, partly with his sound on-court philosophy and partly by the sheer dint of his big personality.
On Thursday in Atlanta, I asked... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House