Final Four: Wichita State's Gregg Marshall adds electricity to Shockers
ATLANTA Gregg Marshall has led the Wichita State Shockers to a Final Four berth that has stunned most of the college basketball world. But to the men who knew him during his nine years as Winthrop's head coach, it comes as no shock at all.
Marshall coached Winthrop from 1998-2007, going to the NCAA tournament seven times in those nine seasons. He transformed a sleepy basketball program in Rock Hill, S.C., into a regional force. He did it partly with his recruiting, partly with his sound on-court philosophy and partly by the sheer dint of his big personality.
On Thursday in Atlanta, I asked... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'