Fire destroys vacant Morgan County house
An early morning fire destroyed a vacant home in Morgan County.
The fire broke out between 4:30 and 5 a.m. on Thomas Road in the Lacey's Spring area. When firefighters arrived, the two-story house was already engulfed in flames.
AL.com news partner WHNT News 19 reports that there were no nearby fire hydrants, so firefighters had to carry water in from about a mile away. The home was completely destroyed.
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...