First Abbott reelection ad: 600,000 new jobs
AUSTIN -- In a first push to get Republicans motivated to turn out in the March 6 primary, Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday launched a 30-second television extolling Texas' job growth.
"Over 600,000 new jobs," states the ad, entitled "This is Texas," that began running a day after Democratic primary challenger Andrew White of Houston aired his first TV ad -- the first of the gubernatorial campaign and the first by Democrats.
Abbott's ad notes that in addition to job growth over the past three years that Abbott has been governor, Texas has seen record-low unemployment,... read more
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list