First Abbott reelection ad: 600,000 new jobs
AUSTIN -- In a first push to get Republicans motivated to turn out in the March 6 primary, Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday launched a 30-second television extolling Texas' job growth.
"Over 600,000 new jobs," states the ad, entitled "This is Texas," that began running a day after Democratic primary challenger Andrew White of Houston aired his first TV ad -- the first of the gubernatorial campaign and the first by Democrats.
Abbott's ad notes that in addition to job growth over the past three years that Abbott has been governor, Texas has seen record-low unemployment,... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...