First Abbott reelection ad: 600,000 new jobs
AUSTIN -- In a first push to get Republicans motivated to turn out in the March 6 primary, Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday launched a 30-second television extolling Texas' job growth.
"Over 600,000 new jobs," states the ad, entitled "This is Texas," that began running a day after Democratic primary challenger Andrew White of Houston aired his first TV ad -- the first of the gubernatorial campaign and the first by Democrats.
Abbott's ad notes that in addition to job growth over the past three years that Abbott has been governor, Texas has seen record-low unemployment,... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct