First lady to present International Women of Courage Award
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says Melania Trump will present the International Women of Courage Award later this month.
The first lady also will deliver remarks at a March 21 State Department ceremony recognizing women who have shown courage and leadership in pressing for women's rights worldwide.
The State Department award began in 2007 to commemorate International Women's Day, which is Thursday. More than 120 women from more than 65 countries are being honored this year.
The first lady says in a statement that the courage shown by the honorees furthers her belief "in the... read more
- 16:10 Source: ASU football to hire ex-Sun Devil Derek Hagan
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap