First TV ad hits in key Houston congressional race
Democrat Tahir Javed is up with a new television ad in his bid to win a congressional seat in Houston.
The health care company owner not surprisingly is focusing the ad on his background in the medical world.
"He turned a minimum wage job into a thriving business that created thousands of jobs and provides healthcare to Texas families," a narrator says in the 30-second ad. "Now he is running for congress to protect and expand healthcare."
Javed, 51, is one of seven Democrats running in the 29th Congressional District primary election on March 6. State senator Sylvia... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...