First TV ad hits in key Houston congressional race
Democrat Tahir Javed is up with a new television ad in his bid to win a congressional seat in Houston.
The health care company owner not surprisingly is focusing the ad on his background in the medical world.
"He turned a minimum wage job into a thriving business that created thousands of jobs and provides healthcare to Texas families," a narrator says in the 30-second ad. "Now he is running for congress to protect and expand healthcare."
Javed, 51, is one of seven Democrats running in the 29th Congressional District primary election on March 6. State senator Sylvia... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida